I’ve been working in commercial software development since 1991 from the smallest to the some of the largest companies. Currently I’m enjoying working for a small start-up.
My basic beliefs are roughly as follows (in no particular order):
- Simple is always better.
- Things change, plan for it and be adaptive.
- The word “Finished” does NOT fall into a grey area.
- QA is NOT responsible for testing YOUR code, YOU ARE!
- True design happens in Visual Studio not Microsoft Word.
- Design/code/build/test to find defects earlier in the development cycle.
Best quote ever:
“It’s a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.”
– Andrew Jackson
… or if you prefer:
“I don’t give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.”
– Mark Twain
My background information is available on linkedin.com for those that are intereseted.